* Progressive deployment in 2019 *
UNIGE computers - desktops and laptops - are equipped with Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection, a solution of last generation. Its deployment is automated on macOS and Windows, and manual on Linux.
Traps detects traditional and emerging cyberattacks using techniques such as machine learning. It monitors the malicious behavior of applications and uses, if necessary, an in-depth analysis service. It can thus block all kinds of viruses (malware, exploit, ransomware, ...).
In the event of an attack, the centralization of its alerts makes it possible to react quickly in order to avoid a proliferation on other computers.
- A UNIGE staff member.
- A visitor or student accessing UNIGE sensitive informations.
- An ISIs account.
- A computer known from the UNIGE directory (AD), equipped with the BCM management module.
Terms & conditions
Using the service
- Ask for deblocking a file incorrectly identified as a virus (false positive)
- Get Traps on your Linux computer by contacting the IT support technician of your entity.